Christopher learning about the one-room schoolhouse. From the sign outside -- La Gloria School was first organized in 1873. The present schoolhouse was built in 1887 and remained in continuous use until 1960. Originally located five miles southeast of Gonzales, the schoolhouse was moved to San Lorenzo Park in 1980. La Gloria School has been restored to its turn-of-the-century condition by the King City Rotary Club.